Sign In to access application status,
saved documents and Job Search
Agents, which automatically searches
and emails results.
Medical Director -Clinical Trials & Research
Job ID #: 9697 City, State: NM - Albuquerque
Functional Area: Health/Medical Department Name: Device Trials
Position Type: Regular - Full Time Education Required: See Minimum Qualifications
Experience Required: See Minimum Qualifications Relocation Provided:
TriCore Reference Laboratories seeks a Medical Director of Clinical Trials and Research.
The successful candidate will have a central role in identifying, delivering, and participating in clinical device trials and related opportunities that directly align with TriCore’s strategic needs. The individual will provide a centralized infrastructure to promote quality research, ensure fiscal and regulatory compliance, encourage collaborations, and expand clinical device trials and related offerings. The medical director will be expected to produce scholarly works through publishing in peer-reviewed journals, abstracts, and presentations at scientific and/or clinical meetings and conferences.
1. Participate in strategic planning processes to establish and achieve long range goals, and ensure
implementation of plans that are aligned with the institution's vision and strategic plans.
2. Represent the TRI in internal and external meetings relating to strategic priorities.
3. Coordinate input of business opportunities with the Director, Laboratory Operations and Manager,
Clinical Trials for the start-up, implementation, and closeout of clinical trials.
4. Responsible for full scope of study conduct in collaboration with Operations to ensure clinical and
research studies are conducted according to the Code of Federal Regulations, Good Clinical
Practices, and local regulatory requirements.
5. Contributes to protocol development and feasibility assessments including the writing of study
protocols, amendments and administrative changes as applicable.
6. Ensure clinical and research studies meet sponsor timelines.
7. Planning and participation in investigator meetings in collaboration with team members.
8. Act as a resource for TRI leadership,investigators, and other staff through the provision and
promotion of appropriate training in the conduct of trials.
9. When serving as principle investigator, review and comment on sponsor contracts and protocols as
10. Publish scholarly works including manuscripts, abstracts, and/or scientific posters.
11. Develop and maintain mutually positive and beneficial relationships with study sponsors and
clinical research organizations.
12. Generate new business opportunities and proposals.
• MD and/or PhD, or equivalent degree.
• Five (5) years of experience in laboratory operations and/or In-Vitro Diagnostics, including clinical trials experience.
•Formal training in pathology, laboratory medicine, or both; or an applicable clinical medical specialty.
•Board eligibility or certification, and sub-specialty certification if applicable.
• Experience in contract research, pharmaceutical, in-vitro diagnostic device, or biotechnology industry.
• Post-residency/fellowship-training or post-doctoral experience is highly desirable.
Interested individuals are required to apply to this posting and submit curriculum vitae, a cover letter detailing experience and current and future career objectives, and the contact information of three individuals who could provide letters of recommendation.
Headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, TriCore operates a full-service reference laboratory as well as clinical laboratories in hospitals and cancer centers across the state. The TriCore Research Institute is a critical component of TriCore’s strategy and provides the scientific, technical, and administrative support required to steer research and clinical trials to successful completion.
For more information please email David G. Grenache, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, at email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.