Design, develop, test and deploy firmware that runs the motor control and battery management subsystems of the Onewheel product.
The ideal candidate will be a very talented, creative, capable hands-on engineer who is excited about joining an interdisciplinary team that is revolutionizing boardsports and transportation and shipping product.
• Write firmware that extends the performance and capabilities of Onewheel
• Validate, test, and iterate on existing firmware codebase.
• Work with HW team and test riders to build optimal ride experiences
• Work with App developers on enhanced wireless (BLE) functionality
• Develop microcontroller based tests and test fixtures that improve Onewheel manufacturing.
Experience + Qualifications:
• BSCS/CE/EE required, Masters in CS or EE Desired
• 3+ years of recent experience in firmware development
• Demonstrated microcontroller programming in C
• Board bring-up: working with HW engineers to debug pre-production boards and iterate design until functional
• Deep knowledge of timers and interrupts as used in a real-time system.
• Experience with digital and analog sensors particularly MEMS gyro and accelerometers
• Ability to read and understand hardware schematics
• Knowledge of firmware testing methodology including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, etc
• Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
• C++, Assembly language
• Production hardware/firmware board level test
• Algorithm development and signal processing
• Experience with power electronics, motor controllers a strong plus
• Experience with PID control systems theory and application
• BLE wireless communications
• Electromechanical (electric vehicle, mechatronics, etc.) background a very strong plus.
• Software programming experience eg. Python, C#, etc
• Experience in debugging embedded code with JTAG
• Experience taking product to market strongly preferred.
We’re looking for a creative and forward-thinking engineer who shares our vision for this company and our willingness to work extremely hard, in a start-up environment, to bring that vision to life. Do you have a track record of solving complex engineering challenges and delivering outstanding products? Do you build, tinker, hack, and create in your spare time? Are you obsessively attentive to detail?
The job is based in our westside Santa Cruz, CA location just half a mile from the beach!
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter that mentions why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume. Due to the number of applications, we may not be able to contact everyone directly.