Hope Veterinary Specialists is seeking a full-time board-certified Internal Medicine specialist to join our growing practice. Our new facility opened in 2013 and our rapidly growing caseload necessitates the addition of a second internist to continue to provide the highest level of care for our patients. Our ideal candidate will possess the qualities that allow them to provide excellent clinical care while working closely with our technical staff to elevate their level of knowledge and skills. Our practice is comprised of small animal board-certified specialists in nearly every discipline of veterinary medicine (anesthesiology and pain management, acupuncture, cardiology, dermatology, dental and oral surgery, emergency and critical care medicine, internal medicine, neurology, oncology, radiology, and diagnostic imaging, radiation oncology and surgery) and the diverse caseload from both our emergency service and other internal departments provides a stimulating, fast-paced environment for any Internist in addition to providing 24-hour coverage for hospitalized cases. Our internal medicine service oversees endoscopic procedures and has spearheaded a minimally invasive program. Additionally, our Internal Medicine service has a team of highly qualified nurses and assistants who provide top-notch care for our clients and patients.
In addition to direct medical care, the successful candidate must be able to provide education for our technical staff to raise their level of patient care. The focus on education extends to our referring community as well. We are involved in continuing education opportunities locally, nationally, and internationally and we would expect the Internist to take an active role.
Hope Veterinary Specialists is unique in the culture we have built. We value teamwork and a strong work ethic but strive to provide a work-life balance. We feel that a cohesive work environment fosters a healthy and strong community of doctors and support staff. We also believe in extending our culture through community outreach through the support of public events and charities in our area. Our 21,000 sq ft. practice includes a 16-slice CT, dedicated ICU, fluoroscopy, in-house laboratory (CBC/Chemistry/NOVA, PT/PTT), endoscopy, digital radiology, and ultrasound and minimally invasive surgery capability. On-site MRI and radiation oncology services, including a veterinary Cyberknife, is located adjacent to our building.
Malvern and the surrounding communities represent the best of what the Philadelphia region has to offer. The Great Valley School system is ranked as one of the top in the state while the scenic and historic Pennsylvania countryside boasts open space, beautiful homes, and thriving neighborhoods. Malvern is located at the end of the “Main Line”, an affluent suburb of Philadelphia, the “City of Brotherly Love”. Philadelphia and our local community offer a wide variety of cultural activities, world-class restaurants, and exciting nightlife.
· Days: Monday to Friday, workdays flexible within the five day work week
· Ability to effectively and actively educate our staff in Internal Medicine
· Active marketing of the hospital including referring veterinarian outreach, CE lectures, participation in hospital publications and newsletters
· Ability to effectively manage a diverse, complex, and fast-paced caseload
· Proficiency in teaching and hands-on learning necessitating the qualified individual be comfortable and excel in the various styles of communication
· Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision coverage.
· Short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance.
· 401(k) with a company match.
· Generous continuing education allowance.
· One week of paid CE time.
· Generous vacation/sick leave package.
· Professional dues and uniform allowance.
· Financial relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
Should you be interested in Hope Veterinary Specialists, you will not be disappointed as we have a vibrant, young, enthusiastic, and growing practice with a wonderful culture of cooperation and comradery. Working here is not just a job but also a unique opportunity to challenge the status quo in veterinary medicine and develop every aspect of your potential to its limit. We believe in practicing both the science and the art of veterinary medicine in an environment that fosters out of the box thinking, collaboration, and communication amongst each other and the outside world and having fun while doing so. For more information on the position, please contact Dawn Reeps (DReeps@HopeVS.com) or Dr. Dennis Burkett (DBurkett@HopeVS.com) or call 610-296-2099.
Skills and Qualifications:
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM or VMD) from an AVMA accredited school, eligible to practice veterinary medicine in the state of Pennsylvania
· Preferably board-certified in Internal Medicine, but board-eligible will be considered
Veterinary Criticalist/ER Doctor Position Availabl
Hope Veterinary Specialists
Malvern, PA, United States
Veterinary Cardiologist at VRC Specialty Hospital...
2001 6th Ave, Suite 2700 Seattle, Washington 98121 (206) 956-3650