Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter’s high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter’s wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing.
FACILITY MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
Location: Tanner, AL
THE FACILITY MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR WILL . . .
- Manage the activities of the Facility maintenance area which provides industrial services requested by production and maintenance and manages the infrastructure (buildings, roofs, roadways, signs, guardrails, etc.) of the plant, with consideration for the goals and objectives of the department. Ensure a safe workplace.
- Define and communicate performance expectations for personnel and coaches and counsels them in the performance of job responsibilities. Work directly with individual employees to develop their contributions and promptly address performance issues. Provide training to less experienced Engineering staff.
- Manage and oversee capital spending and project work of the operation and is responsible for cost, schedule, performance and deliverables for entire projects managed by the Facilities Group. Manage fixed cost and capital budgets developed by Engineering Manager. Utilize statistical data collection and analysis to manage outside service contactors.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FACILITY MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR POSITION:
- Four-year college degree preferred. High School Diploma required.
- 10+ years of experience as an engineer in a manufacturing environment and preference for 3+ years of managerial experience in a related technical manufacturing role.
- Experience managing a team of facility specialists across disciplines and executing business plans and achieving goals. Ability to lead others and to effectively manage individual employee performance as well as train and develop others.
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Viso and PowerPoint.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work across all levels within the organization.
- Ideal candidate will be detail oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate technical and business decisions.
- Ability to work proactively and effectively within a large manufacturing organization and conceptually develop and manage large assignments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, every changing environment.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.