Hendersonville, NC 28791
Posted at 26 Mar, 2023
The Assistant General Manager position will help their General Manager meet station operational, sales and profitability objectives and serve our customer's needs through a trained, friendly, responsive staff and according to our company procedures, policies and goals. They will help to serve our customer needs and wants always resulting in satisfied, repeat customers; to help the manager maintain inventory, cash, and forms according to company requirements; to help manage all aspects of the store/station to achieve company goals through its mission.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide outstanding service to customers, serve as role model for employees, and make customer service a number one priority at enmarket's stores/stations.
• Monitor all areas of the property to maintain safety, cleanliness, adequate product, service standards, and integrity.
• Know and able to perform every task within the store and station; perform all duties of a sales associate, as appropriate.
• Keep current in knowledge and awareness of all safety concerns and provide and maintain a safe environment.
• Help the manager train, develop, and coach employees to achieve their potential in their jobs.
• Help meet weekly and monthly store and station performance goals as set by the Operations Team.
• Complete all assigned store tasks and activities as required to meet company standards and store goals.
• Help the General Manager manage the employees' activities and assigned duties for proper execution and timely completion.
• Help Execute all enmarket Marketing and promotional programs as designed and on time.
• See that all employees follow all company policies and Laws dealing with the sale of alcohol beverages and tobacco products.
• Help GM set work schedules that stay within the location's labor budget for total hours and overtime hours.
• Help train and maintain skills and service levels of employees so they provide the highest level of company customer service.
• Contribute to the GM's performance review of employees to maintain and increase employee performance.
• Resolve Customer complaints and problems quickly and effectively.
• Maintain the station to the enmarket Standards of Excellence.
• Help promote sales and build profits by modeling excellent customer service skills for employees, maintaining a well stocked, clean environment, and implementing the various sales promotions and strategies.
• Complete daily and scheduled reports accurately and make deposits according to time requirements and company procedures when assigned these tasks.
• Must learn to accurately complete Build To book for cigarette and grocery ordering by company procedures. Complete orders on time and accurate for proper inventory levels.
• Assume active responsibility for accurately and carefully handling and accounting for all money and inventory to make sure reports balance and no losses occur.
• Assist in the counting of cigarettes and balancing and investigating any shortages.
• Follow the correct vendor check-in procedures as defined in the operations manual and make sure all employees follow the procedures.
• Have ability to resolve vendor issues in a professional manner.
• Follow all money policies and procedures including safe drop and cash drawer policies and audit the cashiers for compliance.
• Follow the company video security procedures and policies.
• Knowledge of credit card and check processing procedures as well as cash handling and banking procedures.
• Understand and respond to pricing policies in a timely manner.
• Use company policies and procedures to maintain inventory and cash control.
• Implement and enforce all company policies and local, state and federal laws.
• Able to bend, stretch, reach, locate, stack, and lift inventory weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Able to compute money; to hear, understand, and respond to requests; to communicate information clearly and empathetically.
• Able to use a computer for business functions.
• Understand retail inventory procedures and cost base inventory procedures.
• Able to work nights and weekends.
• Maintain and develop your management and interpersonal skills so that you can effectively meet challenges such as staff conflict resolution, customer service issues, and implementation of new technology to improve station performance.
• Provide leadership reflective of company mission statement.
• Performing basic math functions (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions, percentages); understanding volume, pounds, etc.
• Knowledge of systems, equipment uses and cleaning processes, maintenance of equipment and sense of mechanical functioning.
• Cooperating and getting along with co-workers.
• Assumes responsibility to follow through on details.
• Always have a friendly and positive attitude.