The Applications Development Senior Manager is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis, programming activities, quality engineering and Control and Governance processes.
• Accountable for all phases of development process analysis, design, construction, testing and implementation in agile development lifecycles.
• Collaborate with business partners to analyze user stories, ensuring they are clear, concise, and technically feasible.
• Translate user stories into solutions that provide an excellent client experience and align with Digitals architectural roadmap.
• Prepare detailed technical designs that account for security, resiliency, scalability, maintainability, and performance.
• Thorough understanding of Code, test, debug, implement, and support complex financial applications.
• Strive for continuous improvements of our processes, application designs, and application execution.
• Collaborate with onshore/offshore resources, ensuring adherence to our processes and standards.
• Remain abreast of emerging Digital technologies.
• Manage and mentor a team of engineers - driving engineering excellence
• Manage multiple work streams
• Develop and implement best-in-class processes, metrics and practices
• Develop, maintain, and execute automated and manual test scripts for requirement/user story validation, integration, regression, performance and usability testing
• Implement Test and Behavior Driven Development as part of Shift-Left Strategy
• Code and debug complex financial applications, as needed
• Accountable for SDLC auditable artifacts SIA, Code Reviews, Test Plans and Exit Reports
• Ability to organize/manage multiple priorities and projects coupled with the flexibility to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment
• Provide accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration and work effort, along with confidence level, and foreseeable dependencies
• Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing risks / issues, and taking corrective action as necessary to meet project deadlines
• Understand the role of the engineering team within the SDLC and effectively advocate for the best possible customer experience of product quality within those parameters
• Manage one or more Applications Development teams in an effort to accomplish established goals as well as conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
• Impact the Applications Development area through monitoring delivery of end results, participate in budget management, and handling day-to-day staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project
• Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards negotiating with external parties when necessary
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
• BS in Computer Science, or Business related or comparable work experience
• 5-10 years of Development / Quality Engineering experience in a fast-paced, time-to-market driven environment preferred
• 3-5 years of hands-on experience in cloud computing, Microservices /APIs, cloud foundry like Pivotal, distributed caching like Gemfire, and SpringBoot.
• Experience on Cloud Platforms, CI/CD Pipeline Process & Tools and Config as Code
• 3-5 years of management experience leading teams on major programs and key initiatives
• Experience in Technology Development lifecycle and applications deployment
• Experience with Test and Behavior Driven Development
• Experience with, or very knowledgeable in, cloud based development leveraging Cloud Foundry in PaaS environment (or having worked with Applications leveraging AWS)
• Good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, prioritization, decision-making and conflict resolution skills are required
• Knowledgeable and experienced in Agile and Agile-hybrid environment
• Project management skills is strongly recommended
• Strong leadership and ability to mentor development engineers
• Provide technical guidance to development engineers
• Stakeholder and people management experience
• Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
• Experience in Financial industry is a plus.
• Hands on Experience with Java, HTML5/CSS3, AngularJS, Spring, Struts, Mongo DB, Oracle
• Swift or Android Development platforms
• Familiar with BitBucket, RTC, SVN, etc. for source control
• Automation tools Junit / TestNG frameworks, BDD, Selenium, Appium, Cucumber
• MS Office Suite of applications
• Desired experience with tools like Eureka, Hysterix, Docker, Kubernetes
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.