At Moody, we believe that people are the most important ingredient of any business. It's the people who ultimately determine what can be achieved. That's why creating a culture based on trust, respect, and hard work is our top priority. We encourage our people to always reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential, delivering our customers the best real estate solutions possible.
The Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Southwest, managed by Moody National Management LP, is looking for an incredible Director of Sales & Marketing to join our team. If you are good at cultivating and maintaining relationships, have an entrepreneurial spirit and a high attention to detail, and you are an expert at maintaining strong relationships with existing clients while forging new relationships with new clients - we want you to join us today!
All associates are offered competitive pay, flexible scheduling opportunities, paid holidays and 401(k) with Employer Match. Full-time associates also enjoy paid time off and comprehensivebenefits (including medical, dental, and vision).
Don't ignore this opportunity. Apply Now!
As Director of Sales & Marketing you will have direct oversight of all sales and marketing operations of the hotel. In this role you will have the responsibility to achieve optimal occupancy and ADR growth to maximize total revenue while meeting or exceeding hotel profit goals. The Director of Sales will provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth.
• Effectively manage department staff; hire, train, empower, coach/counsel, resolve problems, and conduct performance reviews.
• Develop and implement a sales and marketing plan for the hotel; develop relationships with corporate, business, travel industry, community organizations, professional associations, media, etc. to identify potential clients and increase market share; negotiate and book new and repeat business.
• Prepare, analyze and review sales forecasts, statements and reports to ensure that sales and marketing efforts are being optimized; survey, review and analyze competition, market trends, as well as customer needs and comments to develop new plans and programs and determine the potency of current plans and programs; conduct internet prospecting.
• Implement Company/Brand programs and manage the operations of the department in a manner consistent with the Company's policies and procedures.
• Develop, recommend, implement and manage the department's annual budget and the advertising, public relations marketing and sales plans and programs for the hotel to maximize rate, occupancy, and food & beverage opportunities to maximum revenue/profit results.
• Train members of the hotel staff on how to recognize and capitalize on all sales opportunities to increase hotel occupancy and revenue.
• Conduct property tours.
• Participate on task forces and committees as required.
• Participate in evening social events and community service events at the hotel.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Directly supervises the efforts and staff in the Sales Department of the hotel
• Solid working knowledge of revenue management concepts and techniques; high level of proficiency with the property's revenue management computer system.
• Extensive knowledge of brand's frequent guest program, brand and hotel web site and both local and national negotiated corporate accounts.
• Knowledege of brand systems such as Salespro, Fosse, Marsha, OnQ, and Opra
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, written and verbal communicating, and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work independently, with minimum direction, as well as interface effectively with all levels of management and maintain effective communication with corporate management.
• Intermediate proficiency with MS Office products, especially Excel, Word, Outlook.
• Good management/supervisory skills.
• Excellent command of the English language; second language proficiency desirable.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Exceptional problem solving skills
• Ability to maintain customer focus
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to follow corporate standards and procedures
Experience and Education:
• Undergraduate degree in business, hospitality, or related field or equivalent combination of education &experience.
• 5+ years of work experience in hotel sales/marketing
• 3 years of work experience in a Sales management position
• 3 years of work experience with the brand
• Proven successful track record is a sales position.
• Must have a valid Driver License and own transportation.
• Any additional training required by manager
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• Local travel required weekly; national travel may be required on an annual basis to attend corporate or functional meetings.
• Work days and work hours may vary depending on property needs.
• This position works indoors.