Location: Highland, KS
Duration: 8 weeks
- Administer medications, provide vaccinations and render treatment to patients
- Communicate with physicians, LPNs, radiologists and other medical professionals
- Collaborate with physicians to create a Plan of Care for each patient
- Create and contribute to patients' medical records as needed
- Respond to inquiries, concerns and complaints from patients and their parents or guardians
- Track and maintain medical supply inventory along with other staff members
- Counsel patients and family members before, during and after treatment
- 1+ years' nursing experience
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- Valid nursing license
- Knowledge of EMRs
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to fill in when needed
- Excellent bedside manner and communication skills
- Ability to explain treatments and conditions to patients where necessary
- Working knowledge of health care laws and regulations
LPN professionals must be first and foremost qualified and compassionate. The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing diverse basic care to those who need it while remaining patient and calm. It is a demanding job but also very rewarding.
- Record a patient's medical history accurately
- Take and record measurements of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate etc.
- Observe patients under treatment to identify progress, side-effects of medications etc.
- Monitor patients' condition including fluid intake and output and compose patient charts
- Assist ailing patients in daily necessary activities such as eating, bathing etc.
- Administer injections, prescribed medications, enemas etc., clean and dress wounds and assist with other basic medical care tasks
- Collect samples for lab testing as assigned
- Provide emotional and psychological support when needed
- Communicate with patients' family or friends to provide advice, comfort and release instructions
- Proven experience as LPN or similar role
- Ability to undertake a variety of diverse care tasks and work in a multidisciplinary team
- Familiarity with hospital health, safety and sanitation standards and procedures
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best practices
- Excellent knowledge of medical and hospital terminology
- Good knowledge of MS Office and data entry
- Perfect physical condition and stamina
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassionate and able to handle stress
- Successful completion of LPN license program is a must
Affiliate is responsible for housing.
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.